Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Random Quote

[Got a quote for this panel? Please PM it to Rupe]

Member Poll

A cue is like an extension to your arm for many players. Some people keep their's for years while others replace them every 6 months. How long have you owned your current cue?

You must login to vote.
GLCPA GLCPA London Leagues
WANTED...POOL PLAYERS
Username
Password
Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

WANTED...POOL PLAYERS
by: PineapplePete, 07-09-2009 12:17 PM (#1)

Oyez! Oyez!
Now hear this.

The Waterloo Pool League Winter League is about to start on the 29th September.
The Pineapple Pub team, the longest standing team in the league, since its inception in 1995, is looking for a new generation of team members.
Based in Hercules Road, SE1, (5 min walk from Waterloo BR; 1 min from Lambeth North), we are a very friendly group based in a traditional SE London family owned pub; and very handy if you're centrally based.

If you are keen to throw your cue into the ring, are willing to learn, or are already proficient in World Rules pool, then we would be very pleased to hear from you or any of your mates who you think would be interested.

The WPL is very well run and highly competitive. Apart from Tuesday evening league/cup matches, there are also Singles, Scotch Doubles, Xmas k/o, and Summer off-season comps to sustain your pool the whole year through.
The league also feeds into the Waterloo interleague squad which last year had an A and B team qualify for the National finals in Great Yarmouth. Ultimately this feeds into the London County squad.
From the WPL we have had players reach International level, and one Junior who was in the winning England World Junior Championship team this year.

We have had success in the singles tournaments recently, and are never that short off the mark in the team events. We aim to become much more competitive, but still retain a humour and light-heartedness about our pool being played at pub level.

Pop into the pub any evening if you're interested, ask for Peter or Alan. Or email me here.

If you go to the league website
www.waterloopoolleague.com
you can find alternative contact details there.

Chalk up.

Peter

Edited by PineapplePete 08-09-2009 12:20 AM
PineapplePete
County Player

RE: WANTED...POOL PLAYERS
by: lee, 07-09-2009 12:26 PM (#2)

I'd just add that the pineapple is a great home venue, especially if you like orgies.
lee
County Player

by: stonefish, 08-09-2009 05:23 PM (#3)

Unfortunately Lee couldn't handle the pace of the Pineapple (and the orgies) so he subsequently decided to jump-ship and set-up some two-bit university team.

But in all seriousness, the Pineapple are a good team, with a cracking team spirit, led by the affable Peter Mac.

We also have a championship-standard table.
stonefish
General Member

by: Rufus, 04-10-2009 08:26 PM (#4)

Are you still looking for new players, or if not, do you know any teams who are? I've just moved to central London and am looking for a new pool team/league. I used to live in Cambridge and have been playing world rules for the past 3 years there... let me know if you need anybody and I'll be happy to come down sometime.

Cheers,
Rufus
Rufus
General Member

Options

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard

Share this Thread

URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Render time: 0.05 seconds